DanceOS is a joint project of
- FAU Erlangen CS department 4,
- TU Dortmund CS department 12, Embedded System Software group (ESS), and
- TU Braunschweig, IBR, Distributed Systems Research Group,
Future hardware designs for embedded systems are expected to exhibit an increasing rate of intermittent and permanent errors in exchange for smaller device sizes and lower energy consumption. This bears new challenges for system software, especially the operating system, which has to use and provide software measures to compensate for unreliable hardware. Designing, developing, and maintaining such software systems will become increasingly arduous.
The DanceOS project aims at providing dependability by the fine-grained and tailorable application of software-based fault-tolerance techniques. The vision is to achieve this by separating the implementation of these techniques from the functional parts of the software in a reusable way, allowing for use-case specific static or even run-time application of fault-tolerance measures to critical parts of the complete software stack.
- 2016-09-01: New papers at SELSE 2016 and EDCC 2016, and two finished PhD dissertations!
- 2015-09-14: Internal project meeting (Braunschweig)
- 2015-09-01: New papers at OSPERT 2015, EDCC 2015, and PLOS 2015
- 2015-04-29: New paper in IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC)
- 2015-04-16: Our paper dOSEK: The design and implementation of a dependability-oriented static embedded kernel won the Best Paper Award at RTAS 2015!
- 2015-04-01: New papers at RTAS 2015, DSN 2015, and LCTES 2015
- 2014-05-19: New paper at SAFECOMP 2014
- 2014-04-14: New paper at DCDV 2014
- 2014-02-13: New paper at ETS 2014
- 2014-01-21: New paper at ISORC 2014
- 2013-12-16: More DanceOS publications at LCTES 2013 and HASE 2014, and an extended version of our 2011 PRDC paper in the International Journal of Critical Computer-Based Systems
- 2013-12-12: Internal project meeting (Dortmund)
- 2013-06-04: Our SOBRES 2013 paper was accepted!
- 2013-03-15: More DanceOS publications at DSN 2013 and the HiPEAC workshop "Design for Reliability"!
- 2013-03-07: Internal project meeting (Erlangen)
- 2013-03-09: SOBRES '13 workshop CfP online
- 2013-02-07: Semi-annual SPP meeting (B÷blingen)
- 2013-01-22: The poster accompanying our DFR'13 paper won a Best Poster Award at HiPEAC 2013!
- 2012-09-20: Internal project meeting (Braunschweig)
- 2012-09-19: SOBRES '12 workshop took place in Braunschweig
- 2012-05-31: More DanceOS publications at VERFE 2012, SOBRES 2012 and MobiSys 2012!
- 2012-05-22: Semi-annual SPP meeting (Karlsruhe)
- 2012-05-02/03: SPP-1500 Mini-Workshop on Dependability Analysis and Evaluation Techniques took place in Dortmund
- 2012-03-29: SPP-1500 Mini-Workshop on Dependability Analysis and Evaluation Techniques: Call for presentations
- 2012-03-09: SOBRES '12 workshop CfP online
- 2011-12-12: More DanceOS publications at AOSD 2011, JTRES 2011, PRDC 2011, and EDCC 2012!
- 2011-12-08: Internal project meeting (Dortmund)
- 2011-07-28/29: Semi-annual SPP meeting (Karlsruhe)
- 2011-03-17/18: Internal project meeting (Erlangen)
- 2011-03-17: DanceOS project website went online: http://danceos.org
- 2011-01-22: First DanceOS publication at the HiPEAC workshop "Design for Reliability"!
- 2011-01-17/18: SPP1500 kick-off meeting (Karlsruhe)
- 2011-01-01: Official project start
- 2010-12-20/21: Internal kick-off meeting (Erlangen)